Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Let’s catch up to speed: 2011 is MY YEAR!

As I stated there has not been too many monumental moments to blog about so I will give you the short version of what I recall about the end of the year. I was laid off on July 29, 2010 and so the grueling process of a) figuring out what direction I wanted to head in, and b) finding a J.O.B. Neither, I had a clue about. I mean this silly naïve girl (at one time) thought she would grow old with the old company. HA! That would have been a huge mistake. Liberation…. So my days were filled with endless websites, job boards, phone calls, Oprah, etc. Thank goodness for Nathan. He definitely led me in the right direction. I ended up getting excruciatingly bored so I volunteered at the hospital in our neighborhood. North Central Baptist Hospital. I loved it there, especially my volunteer director Lisa. She was a firecracker! This was all a part of the fact that I thought I wanted to enter the health care industry. Everything was aligning and I was applying to endless jobs at the hospital and surrounding health care systems. I even had a couple interviews but for one reason or another it did not work out. During this time was my 27th birthday. I was not exactly excited about it since I honestly was not where I wanted to be turning 27. Actually let me take that back, I was exactly where I wanted to be, I just did not have a job. Working is a big part of who I am. I like working; I like the structure and the value it adds to us. I like contributing to my household and my family. That night, Nathan took me for a nice romantic dinner at the Vineyard, my favorite restaurant, complete with lots of flowers. YUM. My girlfriends took me to a wine and painting class, so much fun! But overall very low key. Then there was Christmas. Again something that I normally am so cheesy and giddy and excited about, but this year I just had a dark cloud over my holiday season and that was the fact that I was closing a year and more importantly starting a new one, not really knowing what the heck I was in for. Nathan would reassure me that the New Year would bring more jobs and new opportunities. My parents were in town for quite some time during December, so that is always appreciated. My sister and I mended our last fall out and it feels good have her back in my life, especially the little man too! Everything was good. New Years Eve we attended an 80’s themed party and definitely rocked out the 2010 year. So long 2010! Helllllooooo 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment